At the “Juices & tes” section of our blog there is a special seasonal recipe with orange and pomegranates (Here is the link). After making that delicious juice I crated this cookies recipe to recicle the fruity pulp.
– 100 grams of leftover pulp
– 70 grams of whole wheat flour
– A pinch of ginger , cinnamon and salt
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon cocoa or carob (cocoa substitute)
– Sesame seeds for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to between 150ºC and 180ºC
- Put the fruit pulp and lemon in a small saucepan and heat it up on a low heat for one minute. Mix the flour with the salt ,sugar ,cocoa and oil in a small bowl. When it´s mixed well, add the fruit pulp and continue mixing.
- When the mass thickens, roll it up into little balls and place them on a greased oven tray or an oven tray covered in baking paper to prevent them from sticking.
- Flatten them with a fork or by hand as you do when making normal cookies. To decorate them, sprinkle sesame seeds or poppy seeds on top.
- Place the tray in the Oven for 40 minutes @ 150ºC or 20 minutes @180ºC.
They seem crispy and golden brown on the outside but soft and sticky on the inside , like a fig …
New textures that surprise!!!