Helping an unknown chufamixer at the eco-fair in Eibar (Basque Country), 2012.
The video recipe (Below)
When we develop a milk from almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts etc. the pulp that remains in the filter can be used to make homemade Nutella. Fingerlickinggood!!
- 1 cup dried fruit pulp .
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or carob .
- 1 tablespoon honey or guarapo*.
- Remove the pulp from the filter with a spatula and put it into a bowl
- Add 1-3 tablespoons of bio cocoa powder , according to the intensity of cocoa flavor that you’d like. Mix well.
- Add honey, agave syrup or guarapo* . It is best to start with a tablespoon, slowly adding more until you get the perfect texture.
You have your homemade bio cocoa cream that you can spread on a sandwich, bread, crackers , or use it in other recipes, deserts, etc.
Keep your “cocoa cream” in the refrigerator and consume within 3-4 days.
* The guarapo syrup is a molasses from the Canary Islands, used by it’s inhabitants as a honey or sweetener. The molasses has to be heated, it has a special flavor that combines perfectly in this recipe.
For those who do not take sweet syrup, it can be substituted for olive oil to bind the pulp and get the creamy texture .