Making french toast with fresh rice and sesame milk.
Cheap, nutritious and delicious.
Let´s go !
Ingredients for making the milk:
- 50 grams of white rice
- 50 gr of toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 litre of water
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- a pinch of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of syrup ( agave or palm )
Ingredients to make the toast:
- rice and sesame milk
- 12 slices of bread (white or brown)
- whole cane sugar
- sunflower oil
- Soak the rice and the sesame seeds for at least 2 hours ( they can be left to soak overnight )
- Discard the soaking water .
- Put ½ liter of hot water at 70 ° C in the chufamix container.
- Add the rice , sesame, cinnamon, lemon peel and syrup to the filtering glass and blend .
- Strain the milk mixture and set aside to soak the bread. If we make the toast with dry white bread, cut the bread into 1 cm thick pieces, but if we use organic brown bread , it can be cut thinner, as it is much more solid.
- Soak the slices of bread in milk for 3 minutes, then roll them in beaten egg before frying them in a pan with plenty of oil.
- You can use some cane sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle on top of the toast.
A delicious and easy snack for the sweet toothed!