Recipe of Mari Carmen, from Valencia (spain)
After making the coconut milk, our friend Mari Carmen propose us how to recycle the pulp into a homemade yogurt cake.
- 1 tub of yogurt (we will use the yogur tub as a measurer)
- 2 yogur tubs of sugar.
- 3 yogur tubs of wheat.
- 4-5 eggs.
- 1 sachet of yeast.
- ½ yogur tub of olive oil.
- 3 yogur tubs of coconut pulp
- Place all the ingredients except the coconut pulp in a bowl.
- Mix them with a hand blender until the mixture becomes very foamy.
- Add coconut pulp into the mixture and mix again.
- Grease the oven tray with oil or butter and place the batter in it.
- Heat up the oven to 180ºC and bake the cake at about 20 minutes.
- Before taking it out, pinch the cake with a long stick to see if it´s baked well all the way through. Leave it in the oven longer if necessary.
Tips and advice
At the moment that you add the coconut pulp to the mixture, you could also add one diced banana. The cake will be more humid but the flavour is very nice.
Thank you Mari Carmen for introduce tropical flavours in our kitchen!