Recycling pulps give us new texture and flavours. After making the peanut milk, look at how easy it is to make humus from recycled peanut pulp. It´s perfect for dipping with raw carrots or celery sticks, or to spread on toast.
- Leftover pulp from peanut milk (100gr dried peanuts)
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 dozen celery leaves
- 1 dozen parsley leaves
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 pinch of salt
*Using organic products not only improves the flavor but also its properties
- First of all, mix the peanut pulp with the avocado and make a kind of porridge.
- Then finely chop the garlic and herbs and add to the dough.
- After mixing the ingredients, add salt, lemon and cumin. Remix everything.
- Let the mixture stand for at least 5 hours.
- To improve the texture of humus, you can add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- You can also mix with a hand blender to give it a more homogeneous texture.
- You can also add raisins or dates to sweeten the taste of the humus.