In autumn, nuts and dates arrive. It´s the moment to make delicious nuts milk and recycle its pulp in a tasty and healthy vegan meal.
Now is when they are more flavorful and tender so it is perfect for making date and nuts creams. Here you have a simple vegan recipe to make it.
In this recipe we use hazenult milk and hazelnut pulp, but you can use any type of nuts milk: almond milk, walnut milk… all of them are great!
100ml (½ cup ) of hazelnut milk
100 grams of seedless dates (between 12 and 15 dates)
50 grams of hazelnut pulp
- Before starting to prepare the cream you should first prepare a delicious hazelnut milk. You have all the details in this link.
- Once the milk is ready you can start with the cream.
- Beat the dates with the hazelnut milk until fairly smooth.
- Add the hazelnut pulp and beat some more.
- Place the cream in a glass jar with a lid and store it in the fridge. You have 3-5 days to consume it.
Tips and Alternatives
This cream is very sweet and is ideal for spreading on bread, it also serves well as a filling for pies.
To increase the amount of cream, add more pulp (100 grams instead of 50grams) but although still delicious, the cream will be rougher.
You can also add a tablespoon of tahini, if you have it on hand, it´s outstanding!
To make date and nuts cream, hazelnut milk and pulp can be substituted for any other nuts; walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios … the preparation proceeding is the same with all of them.
Bon appétit !