Quinoa milk is protein rich, lactose and gluten free and very nutritious… but is not very tasty. Anyway, don´t worry, because with ChufaMix is very easy to improve the herbal flavor of the quinoa milk using natural flavorings.
This time I decided to mix this wilde plant milk with turmeric and cinnamon.
Eureka! It´s delicious and it´s perfect in autum to improve our immune system.
Let´s see how to make it.
- 50grs of quinoa
- ½ litre of hot water (70ºC)
- 1 spoonful of turmeric
- 1 spoonful or a branch of cinnamon.
- 1 spoonful of syrup (optional)
- A pinch of salt.
- Put ½ litre of hot water in the ChufaMix container.
- Place the quinoa and the salt in the filtering glass and insert in the container.
- Blend for 1 minute and filter the pulp using the mortar.
- If you see that the quinoa does not blend well enough, use the highest setting on the mixer.
- Pour the milk in a saucepan and heat it up for 10 minutes on a minimum temperature.
- While simmering the milk add a spoonful of turmeric, of cinnamon and the sweetener, and mix well.
Tips and alternatives:
There are people who make the quinoa milk with boiled grains. In this case, the filtration is more labour intensive because of the thick texture of the mixture. That is why we recommend making the milk using soaked grains and simmering the milk after making it. This process helps make the procedure easier.
To make plant milks with small seeds, we recommend using the highest setting, because the smaller seeds are difficult to squeeze and they pass through the blades. We also recommend using just half a litre of water with little seeds to reduce the liquid to seed balance, thus helping the process. There may be a suction effect, but there is no danger. To make 1 litre of plant milk, add doble quantity of seeds, blend them with ½ litre of water and finally add the last ½ litre of water and blend for 15 seconds.
The remaining pulp is recyclable. You can use it as an ingredient in a veggie cream or a soup. You can also use it to make energetic balls of coco and quinoa. I will share the recipe soon.
I´m sure that you will invent some other ways to recycle it!
If you have any other ideas, please share them with us o contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will happily post it with your contact details in this blog.
Have a nice day!