Salad is a dish that is never missing from our table. In summer we have so many fresh ingredients, that it becomes a multicoloured dish full of all kinds of vitamins and minerals which are good for our body. To make it even more nutritious, we have added a little vegan walnut cheese made with the Chufamix. Vegan cheese is a probiotic ingredient which contributes lots of enzymes and a delicious flavour to any salad!
- Cooked potato
- Edible flowers from our garden: pansies and marigold petals.
- Vegan walnut cheese
- Germinated rye seeds (used to make vegan cheese)
- Black sesame seeds
- Salt, lemon and virgin olive oil
Try to use only organic and/or locally sourced ingredients.
- Clean the lettuce and the tomato in water with a few drops of vinegar and dry them well. To dry the lettuce well, we recommend you use a salad spinner, which is affordable and is sold in any hardware store.
- Cut up the vegetables and put them on a plate.
- Dress the salad with a little salt, a squeeze of lemon juice and virgin olive oil. You could also add a tablespoon of soy sauce.
- To finish, add the vegan cheese, the germinated seed and decorate the salad with sesame seeds and flowers.
Tips and alternatives
Salad is a very flexible dish which accepts almost any ingredient that you have handy when you are making it. If we don’t have lettuce, we can use endives, dandelions, lamb’s lettuce or spinach. If you don’t have potato, you can add carrot, beetroot…you can also add cooked cereals, cooked pulses, pasta, olives… really anything you have handy and which adds flavour, colour and nutrients to the salad.
The most important thing is that you use fresh ingredients (not in containers or bags), from local businesses (markets, local farmers) and, where possible, that they are organic, i.e. they have no pesticides and have been grown respecting the earth and the people who live on it.
The dressing is also very important. We recommend dressing the salad with lemon rather than vinegar. If you like strong flavours use a little soy sauce to make the dressing taste stronger. You can also mix a tablespoon of tahini with olive oil and use this mixture as an enriched dressing… As you can see, the only limit is your imagination!
Enjoy it with health and happiness!