Our dear Malay collaborator Maizan Ahern from (www.thebluecrane.asia) is a wonderful cook.
She loves cooking with almond pulp and we love sharing her creations!
You have more Maizan´s recipes in this link.
- 250 g (2 large raw beetroot, peeled and grated)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 1/2 cup almond pulp (from making almond milk in a Chufamix Nut and Vegetable Milk Maker)
- 1 tsp gluten free baking soda
- 1tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
The Cashew Cream Frosting
- 1 cup cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoon maple syrup/honey
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Preheat overn to 170 C. Line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases
- Mix all ingredients for cupcakes into a blender or food processor till it forms a smooth batter. You may have to add a few tablespoons of almond milk if the batter is not smooth enough.
- Taste the batter for sweetness and texture and add maple syrup if needed.
- Pour into a lined cupcake tin
- Bake in a moderate oven at 160C for 40mins or until the centre of the cupcake is firm
- Place all ingredients for cashew cream frosting into a blender and blend till you get a smooth consistency.
- Frost the cupcake with Cashew Cream frosting when cupcake is cool. This cupcake, like the chia seed banana cupcake tastes better the next day
Adapted from www.iquitsugar.com