We usually eat orange in winter, but what about pomegranate? This recipe is a good way to eat more pomegranates also in winter.
- 2 organic oranges
- 1 organic pomegranate
- A spoonful of brown sugar
- Shell the pomegranate, split the orange in its segments and put all in the filtering glass of Chufamix -fruits must get to the top of the filter’s mesh-.
- Then add a spoonful of brown sugar (or other sweetener) and also a bit of cinnamon (optional).
- Insert the filtering glass into the container and blend till you break the fruits and you get all its juice (1 minute, more or less).
- Finally, press gently the fruit pulp with the mortar to drain the juice, and that’s it!
You´ll get a wonderful orange and pomegranate juice!
Tricks and alternatives:
- Instead of using brown sugar or sweeteners, I´ve tried with a spoonful of pollen and the result was…. WOW!!! Pollen is a good natural additive to consume especially in Spring and Autumn.
- The remaining pulp may be added to yoghurt, muesli or used to make some cookies. The pulp has a special texture, it´s juicy but fibrous, enough to awaken our imagination! At the “Pulp” section of our blog there is a special seasonal recipe which uses orange and pomegranate pulp (Here is the link).