We show you a simple and useful recipe to recycle the pulp of oats drink: turn it into great pizza dough.
Ingredients (For a big pizza)
- 50 grams pulp of oats flakes (1,76oz ).
- 300 grams whole wheat flour ( 10,58oz)
- A spoonful of whole sugar
- A spoonful of olive oil
- Half a spoonful of salt
- 15 grams of fresh yeast ( 0.52oz)
- 150ml of water
- Place the flour in a bowl in a volcano shape. In the middle, add the water, and in it, add the yeast, sugar and oil. Add the salt in the flour around the centre so that it doesn’t cancel yeast’s action. Then mix all ingredients that we put in the water, and place the flour in the water to make the dough. Once the flour is mixed, add oats pulp and knead it.
- Add water depending on the state of the dough. Add also flour until we have dough that doesn’t stick in our hands. Then make a ball with it and hit a tray and expand it with your hand. Repeat this process several times.
- Shape it in bread roll shape and cover it with a cotton cloth and let it rest during 20 to 30 minutes, in a place with a mild temperature-20º Celsius-, in order to make the yeast work.
- Then open it carefully with a rolling pin or a bottle, on the surface where we will put it into the oven, and let it rest for 15 minutes more.
Place in the oven for 10 minutes at 120º Celsius to precook. Then we have 2 options:
- Add tomato, onion, mushrooms, etc. and finish making it.
- Keep it in a plastic box, well closed, to eat later.
Dough is fatter than in industrial ones, but tastier, and healthier. Enjoy!